In addition to any job openings announced, IDRA accepts inquiries of possible open positions by mail, fax and e-mail. Letters of application and résumés may be sent to Dr. María Robledo Montecel, President & CEO, Intercultural Development Research Association, 5815 Callaghan Road, Suite 101, San Antonio, Texas 78228; Fax 210-444-1714; e-mail: email@example.com.
IDRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Chief IT Strategist – Job Description
View pdf version
The Intercultural Development Research Association – a dynamic 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to assuring educational opportunity for every child – is seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Chief IT Strategist. Through professional development, training, technical assistance and community engagement, IDRA works with hundreds of thousands of people (from teachers to policymakers to community members) each year to carry out its mission. Technology is integral to this work: IDRA is a forward-looking organization that uses a diverse array of hardware, software and web-based applications. IDRA employs approximately 25 full-time staff at our San Antonio office and operates programs that benefit students in Texas and across the United States. This position would be located in San Antonio (not a telecommuting position).
As a full-time, senior staff member, the Chief IT Strategist will play a lead role in integrating technology both in organizational operations and in services.
Key roles will include:
- Establish a vision for technological innovation. Develop and operationalize a vision and strategies for establishing IDRA as a leading-edge organization for technological innovation as manifested through its major functions: policy development and analysis; professional development services; research and program evaluation; and materials development as they relate to civic engagement, student success, and educational innovation. This vision should capitalizes on IT strategies and solutions in the field for leading-edge nonprofits and businesses to accelerate IDRA research, programs, partnerships, services, reach and impact. Identify resources for bringing this vision and plans to fruition.
- Define a plan for technology-based professional development that integrates with in-person service delivery (for clients such as school teacher teams, principals, and community groups). Outline and work with IDRA organizational leaders to implement a strategic plan that blends technology into service delivery.
- Identify effective, innovative, and cost-efficient approaches to technology-based communications and platforms internally and externally (e.g., organizational website, Intranet, CRM, and online networks).
- Strengthen national relationships in the IT field for innovation and sustained impact (e.g., high-growth tech-related sectors, startups, and strategies; public-private sector partnerships to boost educational excellence; urban core development; educational, creative, tech-based opportunities for youth).
- Act as a chief “evangelist,” for new strategies, expanding staff capacity in the adoption of high-impact changes that achieve results.
- Find efficiencies to streamline technology-based solutions and to make the most efficient use of resources and tools for managing projects and evaluating progress and outcomes. Identify and lead adoption of new technology-based project management tools and dashboards to measure project-based and organizational outcomes and impact.
- Envision and lead the implementation of a vision for technology integration, tools and strategies, with IDRA senior team and staff, of technology-based strategies to dramatically increase national impact of IDRA’s work across its major functions.
- Strengthen, or develop, web-based professional development and networks, including a plan and platforms for online courses and learning and for integration of online and in-person training; social networks; products and resources (for an example, see Learning Forward); service delivery and evaluation. Problem-solve with organizational and program directors to meet emerging service delivery needs and identify integrated solutions.
- Work with outside website designer and developer and oversee upgrade projects and ongoing maintenance and innovation to facilitate web-based communications.
- Expand adoption/use of CRM (Salesforce) and integration with IDRA service delivery and business operations.
- Develop plan for integrating, maintaining or revamping online data sets and portals (e.g., OurSchool Portal; San Antonio Connects)
- Develop vision for integrated social media to expand IDRA national visibility, reach, networking and impact.
- Provide recommendations on technology tools and purchases and identify and secure resources for technology expansion and integration.
- Plan and manage development of IDRA apps.
- Integrate and expand use of management and evaluation tools (IDRA Coordinator, IDRA Evaluator, SurveyMonkey, IDRA service report database).
- Keep abreast of IT trends, and inform IDRA President and CEO on possibilities, strategic partnerships.
- Recommend and oversee implementation of changes to infrastructure (e.g., servers onsite or virtual)
- Manage IT Help Desk, technology-based vendor contracts and agreements.
- Set up metrics to evaluate usefulness, quality of online services.
- Report regularly on progress and outcomes and forecast approaches to meet emerging needs.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Senior level position leading vision and innovation in technology-field (private sector, government, or nonprofit) that achieved measurable results.
- Demonstrated leadership on forecasting and strategizing based on technology trends, particularly in the areas of online service delivery.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience administering and implementing open source and commercial web sites, teamsites and databases (Joomla, Wordpress, Moodle, Linux, SQL, Sharepoint).
- Demonstrated track record leading design and implementation of online service delivery and providing teaching/training on the effective use of applications (e.g., experience with: WebX, video conferencing, webinars, Skype, Dim Dim, Ning, etc.).
- Skill knowledge and track record in several domains (technology, strategy, education). Strongly preferred: experience in teaching, training, education or related field.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office products, Photoshop or Fireworks, and Dreamweaver.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot desktop hardware and software issues in a PC environment and to either quickly resolve issues or recommend practical solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in database design and management, as well as event and course registration and online evaluation.
- Experience with audio and video editing.
- Knowledge of user-centered design a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others and provide staff with timely support.
- Personal dedication to equal educational opportunity for all children absolutely required.
Commensurate with experience
Applications due by August 15, 2015
Send letter of application and résumé to Dr. María “Cuca” Robledo Montecel, President & CEO, Intercultural Development Research Association, 5815 Callaghan Road, Suite 101, San Antonio, Texas 78228; Fax 210-444-1714; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
IDRA is an equal opportunity employer.