* Josie explains the value of small professional learning communities, and why they've been created as a variation of IDRA's Coca-Cola Valued Youth Program.
* Juanita discusses the importance of a personalized learning experience for each tutor.
* Josie talks about a key takeaway from the 1989 Dallas Dropout Study that remains in full force today: "If you have one person, one adult, who's almost irrationally committed to the success of the child, that child will succeed."
* Juanita explains the impact of professional learning communities on the teachers themselves.
* Josie talks about the professional learning and mentoring team's weekly meetings and how guided reflection sessions are benefiting the tutors.
* Josie explains why the professional learning communities need support at the administrative level. She also discusses the value of the program's four annual retreats.
Listen to every episode!
To ensure you don't miss a single episode of IDRA Classnotes, subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, (download iTunes free if you don’t have it) or sign up to receive an e-mail alert as soon as a new show is published.