From time to time, members of media request information from IDRA for articles or stories. Here, we're providing you with access to the same thorough, detailed responses we give them. Sign up today to get IDRA news by email.
Latest News Releases
Overall Texas High School Attrition Rates Take Another Step Forward – October 29, 2013
Tracking, Endorsements and Differentiated Diplomas – When ‘Different’ Really is Less – October 11, 2013
IDRA’s Coca-Cola Valued Youth Program Expands to Chicago, Detroit, L.A., New York City & Sacramento – October 3, 2013
Call for Applications - IDRA Launches José A. Cárdenas School Finance Fellows Program – June 11, 2013
Six Teens Win 2103 National Essay Contest Award – May 23, 2013
Why More Charter Schools and School Vouchers Are Not Needed in Texas – May 7,2013
Federal Grant to Help Expand Relationship Between Parent and Community Groups in the
PTA Comunitario Model Shows the Power of Family Leadership in Education (
, April 10, 2013)
IDRA Director of Policy, Dr. Albert Cortez, Testifies in School Finance Case – (December 5, 2012)
The Texas Latino Education Coalition Supports Inclusion of Algebra II in All Endorsement Tracks
Texas Students Need Our Support – Not New Barriers – to Get an Excellent Education
Statement on Fisher Ruling: Affirming the Right to Inclusion and Success in Education
Court Rules: Texas School Funding Must Serve All Students Equitably
Can’t Wait to Celebrate 100% Graduation in
Fair Funding is Essential to Having Excellent Schools for All
Latest Testimony and Speeches
IDRA Director of Policy, Dr. Albert Cortez, Testifies in School Finance Case -- December 5, 2012
Opportunity Matters: The Call to Increase Excellence and Equity
Testimony by the Intercultural Development Research Association, June 8, 2011
Equal Access to a Quality Education – The Civil Rights Issue of Our Generation
Keynote Address, by Dr. María Robledo Montecel, President, Intercultural Development Research Association, March 29, 2011
Bio and Photos
Dr. María "Cuca" Robledo Montecel, IDRA President & CEO
Christie L. Goodman, APR, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-444-1710, ext. 1705.
Published Research Studies
- Annual attrition study: Attrition Rate Decline Appears Promising – Though High Schools are Still Losing One in Four Students (October 2012)
- Regional attrition study: High School Attrition Rates Across
- The Status of School Finance Equity in Texas – A 2009 Update (see related news release) (Texas, 2009)
- Post-Legislative Session Summary on Proposed Changes to Texas Bilingual Education Monitoring Procedures, Secondary Level ESL Program Reforms, and Related Litigation (Texas, 2009)
- Education of English Language Learners in U.S. and Texas Schools – Where We Are, What We Have Learned and Where We Need to Go from Here – A 2009 Update (National & Texas, 2009)
- Disciplinary Alternative Education Programs in Texas – A 2009 Update (Texas, 2009)
- Top Ten Percent Plan in Texas, multiple reports (Texas, 2009)
- IDRA Early Childhood Centers of Excellence Model (2005-06)
- The New State of Illiteracy in San Antonio and in the Nation (National & San Antonio, 2005)
- Good School and Classrooms for Children Learning English (National, 2001)
- Disciplinary Alternative Education Programs in Texas - What is Known; What is Needed (Texas, 1999)
- Missing: Texas Youth - Dropout and Attrition in Texas Public High Schools (Texas, 1999)
- Failing Our Children - Finding Alternatives to In-Grade Retention (National, 1999)
- Students for Sale - The Use of Public Money for Private Schooling (National, 1999)
Articles from the IDRA Newsletter are posted online under IDRA Newsletter in html and pdf format.
Who is IDRA?
IDRA is an independent, private non-profit organization, directed by María Robledo Montecel, Ph.D., assuring educational opportunity for every child. We are deeply concerned with the education and well-being of all children and youth – particularly those who are poor, minority or limited-English-proficient.
We work hand-in-hand with schools, families, and communities to ensure that all students succeed in school and graduate. And IDRA conducts ground-breaking research to inform school improvement.