Building pre-K literacy and numeracy one child, one classroom at a time
Together we can create excellence from their very first step.
IDRA’s Early Childhood Centers of Excellence model teaches young children to read and lays out a path to reading success. This proven classroom-based approach helps school districts and Head Start centers ensure the success of every student through professional development and teacher support; curriculum, instruction and services to support preschool and family literacy; and technical assistance, training and support to develop meaning-ful family-school partnerships. We can help you build your center of excellence with model components:
“Since I’ve started with this program, everything has changed in my teaching, the classroom, the small group rotations, and even the students. Some children are reading, spelling and recognizing words. I have more access to teaching tools, such as books, materials, etc. I feel this program has helped me teach in a way didn’t know I could.”
– Early Childhood Educator,
- Professional Development – coaching, mentoring and in-class demonstration lessons to prepare teachers and center staff to succeed with diverse learners
- Curriculum and Instruction – resources, technical assistance and training to create a dynamically-enriched environment and instruction
- Family Engagement – proven practices, coaching and support to build strong teacher, child and family relationships
Our tailored technical assistance and training in early childhood education can help you:
- Meet Title III requirements
- Establish effective early childhood bilingual programs
- Train in early literacy development
- Infuse diversity into the curriculum
- Develop curricula for early childhood
Join us for the Annual IDRA La Semana del Niño Early Childhood Educators Institute™. Join the nation’s only gathering place for teachers and parents concerned with early childhood education of English language learners.
Let IDRA demonstrate ways of using our Semillitas de aprendizaje materials in your early childhood classrooms. Semillitas de aprendizaje is a unique bilingual (Spanish/English) set of early childhood materials by IDRA that is based on the art of storytelling. Each story of the theme-based curriculum encourages the richness of language and print. It is designed to help early childhood teachers and parents encourage communication and language exploration through literature discussions in both Spanish and English.
See IDRA’s complete Catalog of Services in PDF