Family Leadership in Education Model
Strong school, family and community engagement dramatically impact student achievement. IDRA can help you build a school culture of positive parent involvement and meaningful partnerships. IDRA provides comprehensive, in-depth learning opportunities for parents, teachers, administrators and community-based organizations that build on the strength and knowledge each partner brings, while developing new and effective strategies for engagement that focus on student achievement. Through customized training, services and support, IDRA can help you to:
“The best I’ve attended based on 26 years experience. Future workshops will pale in contrast.”
- Plan for family involvement and build home-school partnerships that work
- Build parent efficacy to help children succeed in school
- Analyze student outcome data and develop partnerships to improve student academic achievement and evaluate and communicate results to stakeholders
- Conduct community asset maps
- Create a district or campus-wide culture of engagement: Assessing what’s in place and what’s needed
- Create parent-teacher-student visions for success and goal setting
- Understand federal and state policy and the implications for parent and community engagement
- Offer WOW! Workshops on Workshops, IDRA’s highly popular, practical training of trainers workshop, to parents and parent liaisons in Spanish and English
IDRA’s parent and community engagement training and professional development opportunities combine best practices, state-of-the-art technology, and hands-on and face-to-face training in effective parent and community engagement to help plan, create and sustain important connections between school, home and community.
IDRA’s Texas Parent Information and Resource Center was recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national model in parent engagement and best practices. To learn more, see: Engaging Parents in Education: Lessons From Five Parental Information and Resource Centers (June 2007) online.
Find out more about IDRA’s Family Leadership Model.
See IDRA’s complete Catalog of Services in PDF