Elevating the voices of students in STEM
CSOs are students in grades 6-12 elected by their peers to be liaisons for STEM in their schools and communities. They learn leadership skills to implement on-campus projects and advocate for student voice in STEM.
With CSOs, you can…
- Create a pipeline of diverse STEM leaders
- Increase communication and collaboration among CSOs
- Enrich school STEM culture and career awareness
- Increase student voice in STEM conversations in the community
Every CSO gets to experience…
- Leadership Training Institute teaches networking, leadership development, verbal and written communication, and team building.
- Cabinet Meetings and Community Events guide collaboration with business and civic leaders to address community challenges, improve communication and confidence, and share common experiences.
- Mentorship training opportunities with STEM professionals – vetted regional leaders who help CSOs implement their ideas on campus and express their voice in the community.
See our Texas CSO video gallery