Presenters from the Georgia Educators for Equity and Justice, Inc., discussed:
- What is ethnic studies?
- How to advocate for an ethnic studies course
- How to teach marginalized students as an ally.
- The importance of authenticity when teaching a social studies or science course
- The importance of creating safe spaces and trauma-informed practices for productive discussions centering around anti-racism and equity
- How to utilize ethnic studies pedagogy in fine arts curriculum
- A student’s perspective on the importance of ethnic studies
- How to prepare yourself for teaching an ethnic studies course
Slidedeck: How to Effectively Implement Ethnic Studies Curriculum
This resource is part of the IDRA Ethnic Studies – Online Technical Assistance Toolkit.