About IDRA’s President & CEO
IDRA’s President & CEO is María "Cuca" Robledo Montecel, Ph.D.
- A nationally-recognized expert on the prevention and recovery of dropouts
- Directed the first statewide study of dropouts in Texas.
- Led IDRA’s innovative dropout prevention program, the Coca-Cola Valued Youth Program, to make a visible difference in the lives of more than 690,000 children, families and educators.
- Has authored and co-authored a number of publications focusing on effective bilingual education, school holding power, and parent leadership.
- Holds a bachelor of social work degree from Our Lady of the Lake University and a master’s degree in educational evaluation from Antioch College. She earned a doctorate in research and evaluation from the Urban Education program at the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee.
- Has been named among the top 100 Hispanic influentials by Hispanic Business magazine.
View a short bio
View a more comprehensive bio
View a bio in Spanish
View profile by Dr. Robert Leos
View spotlight by Our Lady of the Lake University
Download photos of Dr. Robledo Montecel