Director of Development – Job Description
IDRA is a tax-exempt and independent non-profit organization. Our mission is to achieve equal educational opportunity for every child through strong public schools that prepare all students to access and succeed in college.
IDRA seeks a professional who:
- will collaborate with IDRA staff to write award-winning grant proposals and secure corporate giving, event sponsorship and large donations;
- has a track record in developing proposals for corporations, philanthropic foundations, and federal entities such as the U.S. Department of Education and the National Science Foundation;
- has experience in writing program development and research proposals in relevant areas, for example, equitable educational practices, education legal and policy advocacy, student and family leadership programs, coalition building and community engagement, educational leadership, college access and success, equitable STEM education practices, school discipline, gender equity in education, emergent bilingual students, socio-emotional learning, early childhood education, ethnic studies, and culturally-sustaining curriculum.
- has a track record in building a donor database and managing, cultivating and sustaining relationships with major gift prospects, the business community, philanthropic organizations and other potential partners;
- is a self-starter who can help design, develop and implement IDRA’s major gift program;
- has strong research, writing and interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate IDRA’s mission;
- shares our views that no child is expendable and that communities must have a voice in the policies that most impact them;
- understands asset-based practices, systemic change, institutional biases, and current local, state and federal education policy issues; and
- can provide staff and board training and support in cultivating relationships with funders and potential funders.
Event planning and marketing experience is preferred. Personal dedication to equal and equitable educational opportunity for all children absolutely required.
Commensurate with experience.
Send a letter of interest, résumé and contact information for three references who can speak to a proven fundraising track record to Claribel Tirú, executive assistant to IDRA President & CEO Celina Moreno, J.D., at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. IDRA is an equal opportunity employer.