Administrative Assistant – Job Description
See PDF version
The Intercultural Development Research Association is an independent, non-profit organization, led by María Robledo Montecel, Ph.D. Our mission is to achieve equal educational opportunity for every child through strong public schools that prepare all students to access and succeed in college. IDRA strengthens and transforms public education by providing dynamic training; useful research, evaluation, and frameworks for action; timely policy analyses; and innovative materials and programs.
Our non-profit is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support, facilitate and ensure the efficient operation of the organization. He or she will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, detail focused and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
- Create and modify various documents using Microsoft Office, including correspondence, mail merge, reports, name tags, and forms.
- Develop tables, graphs and spreadsheets.
- Proofread and correct prepared materials and numerical data.
- Prepare, format and edit presentation materials, including assisting with development of graphics.
- Collect and analyze data from websites and other sources.
- Retrieve, enter, update and verify numerical data.
- Format evaluation and research reports.
- Plan, organize and manage logistics for meetings and special events.
- Perform general secretarial duties to include but not limited to: filing, copying, recordkeeping
- Transcribe audio recordings.
- Update contact management system (Salesforce), generate campaigns, and support staff in their use of Salesforce.
- Relieve receptionist as needed.
- Support communications staff by regularly updating website content (using WordPress).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience involving secretarial and research work, preferably in the field of education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access) and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of design principles for graphics and reports.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, executive assistant or in other secretarial position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive company and client information.
- Knowledge of generally accepted secretarial procedures in the word processing of reports, letters, etc.
- Skills in basic spreadsheet and document development and merging files with documents.
- Knowledge of Internet research.
- Ability to retrieve and enter data, perform mathematical calculations, and verify data entry of numeric data.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others and provide staff with timely support.
- Personal dedication to equal educational opportunity for all children absolutely required.
- Experience in the field of education and bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Letters of application and résumés may be sent to Dr. María Robledo Montecel, President & CEO, Intercultural Development Research Association, 5815 Callaghan Road, Suite 101, San Antonio, Texas 78228; Fax 210-444-1714; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. IDRA is an equal opportunity employer.