The IDRA is an independent, non-profit organization whose mission is to achieve equal educational opportunity through strong public schools that prepare all students to access and succeed in college. We are an equal opportunity employer.
IDRA seeks a Georgia Advocacy Director, whose duties will include the following:
- Collaborate with IDRA’s Regional Policy and Community Engagement Director to create and execute state-level advocacy strategies for the organization’s Georgia policy priorities. This includes in-person advocacy as well as coalition and relationship building in Atlanta and other relevant areas during and between legislative sessions.
- Coordinate the IDRA Education Policy Fellows program, including by helping to develop program curricula and select and supervise fellows.
- Develop relationships with other Georgia advocacy organizations to execute state-level advocacy campaigns for IDRA’s Georgia policy priorities.
- Lead strategies to expand IDRA’s Southern Education Equity Network and IDRA’s Education CAFE network, including by providing guidance and assistance to educators, community members, students and families to build capacity for their engagement in education policy and advocacy.
- Consult on advocacy strategies in other states with IDRA colleagues internally and with external advocacy organizations.
- Help to build an internal database of advocacy guides, articles, and other materials and seek external writing and presentation opportunities.
- Education law or policy experience
- Excellent writing skills across a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of and experience with the Georgia legislative process
- Experience leading diverse coalitions
- Experience working with youth in campaigns, fellowships, and/or internship programs
- Experience in digital campaign and mobilization strategies
- Fluency in Spanish
We seek an individual with a proven track record who believes no child is expendable and communities must have a voice in the policies that most impact them. Applicants should understand asset-based practices, systemic change, and institutional biases.
Commensurate with experience.
Please send a letter of interest, résumé, and three references to Morgan Craven, J.D., IDRA National Director of Policy, Advocacy, and Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. IDRA will accept applications until it fills the position.