This video explains the education programs available for Spanish speakers living in the United States or returning to Mexico.
- Critical reading courses offered for training purposes through COMMONLIT.
- Free high school classes available online to pursue a high school diploma (i.e., SEP programs)
- Associates, bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Mexico available through UnADAM.
- Opportunities to continue studying for nationals returning to Mexico:
- Revalidate all completed studies abroad (elementary through college courses)
- Language certification (CENNI)
- High school and college scholarships
- CONALEP- studies in technical careers
Resources & Tools
About the San Antonio VOE
IDRA and the Consulate General of Mexico in San Antonio are partnering to help Mexican and Mexican American families navigate the U.S. education system and learn about important educational opportunities in both countries. The program, called Ventanilla de Orientación Educativa (VOE), provides information on the civil rights of immigrant and English learner students, local educational services, and resources on how to access and succeed in college. See bilingual brochure.
IDRA produced this webinar series to provide information to families while the Consulate was closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.