It is the job of the State of Texas to provide an excellent, equitable education for all students. To do this, the Texas Legislature should…
- Secure fair school funding.
- Ensure excellent educational opportunities for emergent bilingual students.
- Promote culturally-sustaining school climates that support all students.
- Create safer schools without harmful discipline practices.
- Prepare all students to access and succeed in college.
See IDRA’s Policy Priorities for the 2023 Texas Legislative Session.