Dr. Sally J. Andrade leads Andrade & Associates, Inc., a specialized consulting firm in El Paso that provides bilingual/multicultural program planning and evaluation assistance in education and health promotion. Her clients include community-based organizations working to increase the empowerment of low-income families and their neighborhoods.
Dr. Andrade directed the institutional effectiveness system, strategic planning and regional accreditation at the University of Texas at El Paso, from 1993 to 2004, including major research on student persistence and institutional factors that influence academic success. From 1988 to 1993, she was director of research and planning for the community college system at the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Dr. Andrade’s bachelor’s degree is from the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and her master’s in social psychology is from Trinity University. The University of Texas at Austin awarded her the Ph.D. in community psychology.
- Six Young Tutors Win 2017 National Essay Contest Awards, June 27, 2017
- Since When are Good Grades and Diversity a Bad Thing? – 7 Recommendations and the Texas Top Ten Percent Plan, February 28, 2017
- 5 Strategies for Creating College Readiness for Students of Color and Immigrant Students, February 28, 2017
- Relational Youth Violence – Protecting Muslim Youth in School, February 28, 2017
- Immigrant Students’ Rights to Attend Public Schools – Alert for Registering Students for School, February 28, 2017
- Co-Leading and Co-Transforming Schools – School Administrators and Family Leaders in Education, September 25, 2016
- Intergenerational Family Leadership for Schools – Podcast Episode 167, October 24, 2016