The Intercultural Development Research Association is an
independent, non-profit organization, led by Celina Moreno, J.D. Our mission is
to achieve equal educational opportunity for every child through strong public
schools that prepare all students to access and succeed in college. IDRA
strengthens and transforms public education by providing dynamic training;
useful research, evaluation, and frameworks for action; timely policy analyses;
and innovative materials and programs.
We are currently seeking a talented data analyst intern to
work closely with the education data scientist. The data analyst intern will be
responsible for analyzing data to identify patterns and trends in data sets and
predict educational outcomes. A successful candidate will be technically
proficient in statistical analysis, data visualization, and GIS (ArcGIS or
QGIS). The intern will work cross-functionally and deliver timely analytical
products to support the work of IDRA and its various projects.
- Strong ability to learn new concepts and tools
quickly – The candidate should have a deep curiosity and willingness to take on
complex problems using an analytical lens.
- Develop, enhance and support the implementation
of statistical and other quantitative tools to support the development of
reports and interactive data visualizations – The intern will provide support
to the data analysts in the collection of data from a variety of sources,
manipulating, organizing, cleaning, cross-checking data, preparing reports, and
presentation of data.
- Involvement in a quantitative field of study –
The intern should be studying in a quantitative field including but not limited
to economics, social sciences, statistics, public policy, business
administration, or related field.
- Experience or relevant coursework in
researching, collecting, compiling, analyzing and presenting quantitative data.
- Additional tasks may include using Excel and/or
R software to prepare data for Tableau visualizations. Knowledge of how to
construct graphs and tables in Excel is required. The data analyst intern will
also assist in the construction of maps using QGIS and/or Tableau.
- The data analyst intern will also be
responsible for conducting library research for peer-reviewed, empirical
articles and synthesizing them into literature reviews to accompany technical
Required skills include:
- Demonstrated initiative and desire for
- Data entry.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal
- Experience in statistical reporting.
- Technical proficiency with MS Excel, and other
- ArcGIS or QGIS experience.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative
Preferred skills include:
- Knowledge of research methods and assessment
- Knowledge of education data sets (Texas
Education Agency, U.S. Department of Education, American Community Survey,
Census Summary Files).
- Experience with statistical software such as
SPSS, SAS, STATA or R.
- Experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics
or Survey Monkey.
- Experience working with Tableau.
- Experience working with ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Experience in working with confidential
information within established guidelines.
Personal dedication to equal educational opportunity for
all children absolutely required.
$14 per hour, up to 20 hours per week
Letters of application and résumés may be sent to Bricio
Vasquez, Ph.D., Intercultural Development Research Association, 5815 Callaghan
Road, Suite 101, San Antonio, Texas 78228; Fax 210-444-1714; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. IDRA is an equal