This book presents IDRA’s Quality Schools Action Framework™ and shows how communities and schools can work together to strengthen their capacity to be successful with all of their students. The Quality Schools Action Framework is based on experience and empirical evidence that emerges from existing theories of change. It gives a model for assessing a school’s conditions and outcomes, for identifying leverage points for improvement, and for informing action.
Courage to Connect: A Quality Schools Action Framework, gives you a useful tool to:
- Conceive, design and manage sustainable change at the school or district level;
- Encourage thoughtful and coherent selection of transformative practices that are grounded in the reality of the school and its community;
- Focus on particular strategies and/or instructional approaches (e.g., bilingual education) without losing track of the contexts that matter (e.g., teaching quality, school/district leadership, funding);
- Inform evidence-based community collaboration and oversight in productive ways; and
- Inform meaningful comparisons across schools and districts.
Visit the book’s web page to get a table of contents, excerpt, related podcasts and other resources related to this book.
(ISBN 978-1-935737-35-3; 272 Pages; Paperback; 2010; $15.00)
How to Place an Order
These publications are available from IDRA at the listed price. Shipping and handling is 10 percent of the total price of the order. Orders must be prepaid. Purchase orders for orders totaling more than $30 are accepted. Overstock returns are not accepted unless by prior written agreement. Publication orders should be directed to: Intercultural Development Research Association, 5815 Callaghan Road, Suite 101; San Antonio, Texas 78228; phone 210.444.1710; fax 210.444.1714; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.